Volunteer at the Library
We love our Library volunteers! As a volunteer, you can create eye-catching displays, teach classes, help us prepare for programs, shelve books, and so much more.
Are you ready to join our volunteer team? Read below for eligibility information and use the links to explore opportunities, frequently asked questions, or indicate your interest in volunteering at LPCPL!
In order to become a volunteer at the library, applicants must:
- Be at least 12 years of age or older.
- Have written permission from a parent or guardian if under the age of 18.
- Attend orientation and training sessions.
- Consent to a criminal background check as per the Library’s Criminal Background Check Policy if age 18 or older.
- Be prompt and reliable.
- Represent the library in an appropriate and responsible manner.
Janet is a champion of volunteering. She was a Girl Scout leader for over 28 years and held various leadership positions during that time. Currently she is a volunteer with Steady Stitchers, a Home Extension club that donates handmade sewn items to local businesses...
Earl Adams has been volunteering at the library since 2014. He decided to become a library volunteer so he could assist with and share skills in the development of a makerspace that exposes people to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM). “Part of my...