We have revamped the Room Reservations page on the website to include newly reservable spaces and services to make it easier to plan and enjoy your visit to the library! Below are the descriptions of the spaces that are now available. Room capacity varies according to location. Please note that room capacity has been reduced to allow for proper social distancing. Cleaning of the rooms will occur in between bookings. Face coverings while in the library are strongly recommended. The link for Reserve Your Visit can be found under At the Library, but you can click here to check it out.
Reserve a Space
• Study Rooms are for small group meetings or quiet study and can be reserved by customers ages 14 and older.
• Meeting Rooms are for larger group meetings, events, or social gatherings and can be reserved by customers over the age of 18.
• Play, Grow, Read! spaces support early literacy skills and encourage families to talk, sing, read, write, and play together and are now bookable for small groups or family use. When arriving for your visit to PGR you will find a kit of early literacy themed toys and activities to use during your visit. Bookings can be made in one-hour blocks and reserved up to two times each week.
• LPCPL Maker Lab gives people of all ages an opportunity to learn STEAM technologies. Official Makers over the age of 13 or older with a library account or valid picture ID can independently use the equipment in LPCPL Maker Labs. Children under the age of 13 can use the equipment if they are accompanied by an adult who can reserve the Lab to use equipment in which they have been certified. For more information about how to become a certified Maker, see our LPCPL Maker Labs webpage.
• Study Café is a shared workspace intended for quiet group work, tutoring, or study and can be reserved by customers ages 14 and older.
Reserve a Service
• Curbside Pickup service brings the library to you — in your vehicle! Perfect for when you’re on the go, you can reserve a time slot that fits in your schedule.
• Notary Public service is provided free of charge at the library. You can find more information about notary services at the Library here.
• Book-a-Librarian services allow you to arrange a personalized, one-on-one session with a library staff member at any La Porte County Public Library location. Services include one-on-one technology help, researching family history, basic research services, and exam proctoring exam appointments. Each Book a Librarian session generally lasts between 30-60 minutes and will be tailored to meet your needs.
If you have any questions please contact us at (219) 362-6156 or go to laportelibrary.org.