Do you want to make the most of your library card? Follow this series of articles that will provide an overview of information on the various digital resources and databases the La Porte County Public Library offers the community. This is the eighth in a series and will review Mango Languages.
Arr, me hearty! A fine gentleman o’ fortune be ye! (Great, my friend! You’re a fine pirate!) Interested in learning a new language? Mango Languages walks you through conversations between two native speakers. After the conversation is over, choose to hear/read parts of it again. The Voice Comparison feature helps you with pronunciation. Access over 60 languages with this database or the app, including Pirate.
LPCPL has offered Mango Languages since January 2009.
- The average time spent in a learning session was 18 minutes.
- There were 1,025 registered users compared to 365 anonymous ones.
- In all, there were 1,427 total sessions (480 mobile) and 1,390 total courses taken.
- Interestingly, Pirate ranked 11th most accessed at 13 courses taken.
- The average time spent in a learning session was 14 minutes.
- There were 901 registered users compared to 48 anonymous ones.
- In all, there were 1,082 total sessions (748 mobile) and 949 total courses taken.
- Oddly, Spanish Flamenco Dancing was taken 12 times, making it the 9th highest course used in 2020.
Top five languages each year (by learning session accessed):
Next week we will focus on Niche Academy.