With COVID-19 vaccination sites expanding in our county to some private pharmacy locations, you may be wondering how registering for the vaccine has changed. The short answer is not a lot of the registration process has changed, although there are some things that are a little different for certain locations. Read on to learn how to register for any of the vaccination sites in Indiana, including the new ones!
Who can get vaccinated?
Vaccinations are currently being administered in phases to various groups of people based on state guidelines. All vaccination locations follow the state vaccination phase guidelines, even private pharmacies. The latest vaccination phase can be found at ourshot.in.gov.
Where are the vaccination sites listed?
All vaccination sites in Indiana can be found at ourshot.in.gov, which is regularly updated when new clinic sites become available. Walmart and Meijer in Michigan City and Kroger in La Porte are recent additions to the growing list of vaccination sites made recently available in La Porte County.
How Do I Register for my vaccine?
The general process for registering to get vaccinated may change a little based on what location you choose to get vaccinated at, but it is generally the same process. The starting point to register for any location is ourshot.in.gov.
- Register for the vaccine by going to Ourshot.in.gov.
- When you go to the website, click “Click here to find a vaccination site and register.”
- Scroll down and click La Porte County on the right hand side of the map
- Click on the name of the location you want to go to, then click the (>) symbol on the black box that says “Vaccine clinic” that pops up on the map.
- Click “Click here to register” and follow the steps to make an appointment
- For Meijer locations, ourshot.in.gov will route you to the Meijer scheduling portal to finish the registration process.
- For Kroger locations, ourshot.in.gov will route you to the Kroger vaccination scheduling portal to finish registering.
If you don’t have access to a computer, Indiana residents can call 211 to schedule an appointment over the phone. Please note that the 211 phone line will not be able to help schedule Meijer or Kroger location appointments since these locations use their own scheduling portal.
You can visit our Covid-19 Resources page for up-to-date information.