We are excited to announce that the first Hanna StoryWalk® is now on display!
Presenting Jump, Frog, Jump by Robert Kalan:
StoryWalks® combines literacy, exercise, nature, and family bonding. The StoryWalk® concept was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT, and was developed with the help of Rachel Senechal, Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
Come out to the Hanna Branch Library and check out this fun story. As you walk along the path, read the story, and enjoy the activities.
- Imaginative play that deals with reading, writing, singing, playing, and talking such as, acting out what the animals are doing in the story.
- Figuring out the difference between a frog and a toad.
- Questions about the book.
- Finding two different toad houses on the grounds.
- Directions for making your own toad house.
Take pictures while enjoying the story and share them with us using the hashtag: #mylplibrary.
Each month through October we will be putting out new stories and activities. There will be two stories in the months of August and September. Check back often to see a new story. We look forward to seeing you there!