08 Aug Get Gnarly!
Been thinking about trying something new or challenging yourself all summer long? Now’s your chance! The last Friday in July is National Get Gnarly Day. In case you aren’t familiar with the slang definition of gnarly, it is something that is extreme or amazing – good or bad. Gnarliness pushes you out of your comfort zone.
Not quite ready to go all out? That’s OK. Here are a few ways you can get gnarly at the Library instead:
- Visit a branch location you’ve never stopped at before.
- Use our database NoveList Plus to find a new author of genre to read.
- Try a new format like, eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMagazines, or Playaways.
- Use our database Mango Languages to learn a new language
- Learn how to plan a gnarly vacation at our Online Travel Planning class at the Rolling Prairie Branch on August 18, from 6:30-7:30pm.
Go for it – try a gnarly new haircut, meet gnarly new people, read something gnarly. Get gnarly!