It is the mission of La Porte County Public Library to be the center of community life. As a public gathering place, we take public health and safety very seriously. With the emergence of the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, we thought it was important to share the steps we regularly take as an organization to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Shared spaces and surfaces are cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Increased cleaning procedures are in place. Staff is sanitizing high-touch areas, including doorknobs, keyboards, self-check stations, and bathrooms.
- Sick staff members are encouraged to stay home from work, even if it means altering library services.
Resources and information about COVID-19 are available from the Indiana State Department of Health. Additional information and national updates can be found on the Center’s for Disease Control and Prevention website.
In the event you find yourself unable to come to the library, you can or looking for an alternative way to get materials:
- Access the library online. LPCPL offers eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and movies to stream from the comfort of your own home.
- Renew items through your online customer account. Most items will automatically renew twice if there are no holds.
- Contact the library at 362-6156 option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We understand that you may occasionally be unable to return materials due to illness or may need help with holds or curbside pickup.
- Utilize curbside by placing holds on materials and picking them up using the meeScan app. Click here for information on this process.
Library administrators are monitoring the situation and prepared to follow local guidance. Should there be any change to library services, we will share that information on laportelibrary.org.