The Exchange at 807 Indiana Avenue is getting closer to opening its doors! This community-focused space will have audio and video recording studios, meeting rooms, machine-based workstations, digital creation tools, and more! We want the community to come together, find their passions, collaborate, and create. This space will offer community members a way to try new things, learn new skills, and practice a hobby without the high cost of purchasing or owning equipment themselves. We can’t wait to show you what’s inside!
Until you can come visit, we hope these sneak peeks will help you envision the space. Since so much is happening inside, we’ve rounded up some of the most exciting updates right here!
- Signature Wall: The signature wall is a unique display that calls back to the building’s history with an artful take on a telephone switchboard. The art is made from common materials, too — plywood! The signature wall will be visible as you enter the building and approach the front desk. The panels that make up this design have been installed over the painted wall and give a glimpse of how the finished area will feel.
- Paint: Some of the spaces inside are being painted, and one of the most eye-catching is the top floor’s yellow accent walls. Visible in what will become a large makerspace area, the yellow is vibrant and brings a lot of energy to the space. The area is also lit by plenty of natural light from the top floor’s windows!
- Hexagon Bathroom Tile: Hexagonal bathroom tiles may seem like a small detail, but they were inspired by popular tile patterns during the building’s early days. These tiles are a cost-effective and fun way to honor the history and time period of the building.
- Repurposed Wooden Doors: The first floor of the Exchange has a small meeting room with very unique decor. The walls of the room are decorated with doors from the building’s time period. The doors include the original knobs and locks for a unique look!
- Restoration: Some of the building’s external features have received restoration work in recent weeks. On the front side of the building, along Indiana Avenue, you can see where the building received a cleaning, removing years of dirt!
The Exchange is still receiving quite a few updates and expects to open in Summer of 2021. Follow us online to stay up-to-date!