04 Mar Celebration of Banners ’16 – The La Porte County Public Library Bicentennial Legacy Project
Along with the City of La Porte, Business Improvement District Committee, the La Porte County Public Library is pleased to announce Celebration of Banners ’16! design contest. This is the Library’s Indiana Bicentennial Legacy Project. It celebrate community spirit, enhances the visual appeal of the downtown streets, and highlights local amateurs and artists for all to enjoy. Put your best brush forward and help us celebrate La Porte County, Indiana by submitting an entry.
CREATE & DESIGN
All entries must be your own, original design and use the theme of La Porte County – Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow.
The Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow theme explores what truly makes being a resident of La Porte County great.
- Why do you love La Porte County?
- Do you have family traditions built around living in La Porte County?
- What industry might have helped shape where we are now? How did that industry effect today’s landscape?
- How will local industry now help build La Porte County for the future?
- Think about our landscape, transportation, history, industry, etc.
These are the types of questions to ask yourself as you are creating your entry. Use your imagination and show us your creative interpretation of the theme La Porte County – Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow.
All designs and entry forms must be submitted or postmarked no later than April 30, 2016.
- Children must be at least 5 years of age.
- Designs submitted in the wrong format will not be accepted.
- Designs without proper identification entry form will not be accepted.
- Designs must be submitted on white cardstock. (65 lb. weight or greater)
- The size of the cardstock must be 4.25” wide by 9” high.
- The design MUST be in a vertical format.
- Your original design should be in 2D format and considered finished artwork.
- It must be colored in the same way the larger design is to be colored. Simple designs using bold, solid colors are the most effective.
Entries may be dropped off in person or by mail to:
La Porte County Public Library
ATTN: CELEBRATION OF BANNERS ‘16
904 Indiana Ave.
La Porte, IN 46350
Winning entries will reflect the wide diversity of community participants. If your design is chosen by the selection committee, you will be contacted by May 30, 2016 to schedule a date and time to paint your banner.
- To transfer your design onto the banner, the design is projected and then traced with charcoal. This is usually done prior to the day you are scheduled to paint. The transfer process is done by LPCPL staff.
- The banner must be painted on both sides.
- All painting materials are supplied.
- We recommend a commitment of at least two sessions to complete one banner.
- The banners will be unveiled at an awards ceremony prior to being on display for the whole community to enjoy. The date will be announced at a later time and all participants will be invited to attend the ceremony.
Please note: All banners become the property of LPCPL. However, participants may pick up their banners in November. Banners will be stored until December 31, 2016, after which they will be discarded.