25 Mar Online Catalog Update
In May of 2015, we changed to a new online catalog. Those of you who regularly use the online catalog to place holds, look for new titles, or renew your items definitely noticed. It took time for you to learn this new site and its features. On March 29th, our online catalog software will be updated, bringing some exciting changes.
While our new online catalog includes many features that customers had wanted for many years, like pre-overdue notices, text notices, the ability to save your check-out history and more, it doesn’t handle the many different ways that customers access the library online. Many people access the Library catalog and their accounts with a cell phone or tablet. The current online catalog does not re-size for these smaller screens. With the new online catalog update, you will be able to access your online catalog account on any device, regardless of screen size.
Here are some FAQs that may help you:
- Will my password change? – No. You will find and click “Login” in the same upper right corner of the screen.
- Will my holds be affected? – No. Nothing with the items you have borrowed or have on hold will be affected by this update.
- Will the screens look different? – Yes. The search box that you type your search terms into will look a little different. However, you can still search by keyword, ISBN, author, title, etc. The change is that the search box will work on different screen sizes.
- Will I be able to place holds and renew books on my smartphone or tablet? Yes!
- Where can I get help if I get stumped? – At any Library location, staff have been trained on all the changes and features. Check the Library’s website for more new posts about how to use the updated versions of the online catalog.